With all the extra running around on these nice summer days, kids are more often looking for snacks throughout the day. Ensuring we have healthy items on hand for snacks is key. This is a fun and easy snack the kids are sure to love. Get them in the kitchen for this one to help them prepare. When kids help prepare foods they are more likely to eat them. Try this recipe this week:
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- sliced bananas
- sliced strawberries
- Roll out slice of whole grain bread with a roller.
- Spread a think layer of cream cheese over bread.
- Slice bananas and strawberries thinly and place in center of bread.
- Roll bread like a sushi roll. Slice in 4 sections. Serve & Enjoy.
Image and Recipe sourced from: https://mindovermunch.com/blog/healthy-summer-snacks/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.