Summer time families are looking to have something quick and easy for supper. The kids are wanting to stay outside as long as they can, so a backyard BBQ is a great way to enjoy as much time outside as we can. Veggies on the grill are a tasty and easy to cook.
You’ll need a piece of tinfoil and a handful of your favorite veggies to make a variety of delicious recipes all summer long. Try this easy recipe this week with your BBQ meal:
Cooking en papillote (veggies in tinfoil on the grill)
Take advantage of the frozen large vegetable mixes because they’ll cook more evenly.
What you will need :
- Aluminium foil
- ½ bag of your choice frozen vegetables
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil or butter
- Salt and ground pepper
- your choice of seasoning
- Put the vegetables on a rectangular piece of tinfoil.
- Add oil or butter, salt, pepper and seasoning, if using.
- Cover with a second piece of tinfoil. Seal tightly.
- Cook on the bbq preheated to medium-high or in the oven preheated to 450oF (230oC) for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the vegetables chosen.
Recipe & Image sourced from: https://www.arcticgardens.ca/blog/fr/barbecue-legumes/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.