Carrots are one of the top five crops grown here in Newfoundland and Labrador with the others being potato, turnip, cabbage, and beet. Carrots are a source of fibre and vitamin C. They are also high in beta-carotene, which your body can turn into vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for normal growth and development. It also keeps your eyes, skin, and immune system healthy.
Local fresh raw carrots are delicious on their own or paired with a homemade veggie dip. Here is a delicious one for you to try.
Homemade Veggie Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise made with olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and store covered in refrigerator.
- Serve cold with fresh vegetables.
Recipe and image sourced from https://www.rachelcooks.com/dill-vegetable-dip-skinny/