Another summer favorite is a cold citrus fruit salad. This delicious recipe is easy to make and a refreshing snack on a warm summer day. You can prepared ahead of time and it can be ready to go for those hungry kiddos. Ensuring we provide kids with enough water and food for energy on these hot days is so important. Try this recipe at home this week:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, cut up
- 1 small bunch seedless green grapes, cut in half
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, drained
- In large glass or plastic bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, orange peel and orange juice.
- Gently stir remaining ingredients into yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 4 hours.
Recipe & Image sourced from: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/summer-citrus-fruit-salad/b8728dd2-7f4e-4c7b-8858-e64f14930e78
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.