Many families will be hitting the road this weekend to kick off the summer season (hopefully)! For many in our province; it’s the first weekend to get back up to the cabin or back up to the trailer to enjoy the outdoors. Snacking on the run can always be a challenge when looking for healthy options. When preparing ahead of time, you can avoid those gas station stops along the way.
Here are some great snacks ideas to pack up in your cooler for the long drive out the highway:
- Carrots sticks with hummus
- Pretzels and strawberries
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins
- Cheese strings (icepacks needed) with crackers
- Yogurt tubes (icepacks needed) with blueberries
- Apple / banana / oranges/ grapes
- Plain or seeded bread sticks with hummus
- Granola Trail Mix
Image sourced from: https://www.amazon.com/Fit-Fresh-Container-BPA-Free-Containers/dp/B00KRBM9RE
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.