Eggs are a great way to start the day! Eggs are a great source of protein and provide key nutrients such as iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12 and folate. Many of our KES Clubs are able to serve eggs on a regular basis and kids love them. Egg wraps are definitely a favorite for the kids. Anything that’s different from the norm and fun to grab and go kids usually gravitate towards. Egg wraps are also a great way to get some veggies at breakfast. Try this recipe this week at your KES Club:
Scrambled Egg Wraps
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender. Add tomatoes; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, soy milk and salt. Reduce heat to medium; add egg mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon 2/3 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
Recipe sourced from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/scrambled-egg-wraps/
Kristin Hedges is Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.