After all the excitement of Easter morning with the kiddies, why not keep the fun going with an extra special healthy breakfast. Making healthy fun is what we are all about at Kids Eat Smart NL. Eggs are a delicious and nutritious protein source for breakfast. Serve this Easter bunny with a fresh smoothie or a bowl of fruit to enjoy a balanced breakfast on Easter morning.
Hard Boiled Easter Bunny
What you’ll need:
- eggs (you’ll need one egg to make two chicks and two eggs to make one bunny)
- black sesame seeds
- baby carrots
- fresh rosemary, chives or parsley stems
To Make The Bunny:
- Slice one egg in half lengthwise. One half will be the bunny’s body. Place on a plate.
- Slice the other half in half again. These will become the ears.
- Take another egg and cut it in half horizontally. One half will be the head. Use the remaining half to make two feet and a bunny tail.
- If the egg pieces are rolling around on the plate, slice a small bit of white off the back so they stay firmly on the plate.
Recipe & Image sourced from: https://www.cbc.ca/parents/food/view/edible-easter-eggs-make-chicks-and-bunnies
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.