With Easter just around the corner, it is nice to serve something to get kids excited about Easter. An easy way to make your KES Club festive is to create festive shapes out of fresh fruit. Try serving fruit in the shape of a colorful Easter egg or a Easter bunny. We encourage all of our Clubs to serve fruit each and every day. This week have the kids help out with this one, at your KES Club.
Easter Bunny Fruit Tray
- 1 honeydew melon, halved crosswise and seeded
- 1 large fresh strawberry
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 6 mandarin oranges or clementine’s
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 cups red and/or green grapes
- Use a melon baller to remove the fruit from one melon half. Lay the hollowed melon in the center of a large platter. Using a sharp knife, cut 2 slices from the remaining melon half for ears. Trim the ends of the slices to a point, reserving a small trimming for the mouth. Use the melon baller to scoop the remaining fruit.
- Arrange face as shown. The trick for the blueberries: Trim the bottoms so they sit flat. Cut one orange into slices. Pull the peel from two of the pieces and center one on each bunny ear.
- To create orange flowers: Score remaining oranges lengthwise, being careful not to slice all the way through the fruit. Arrange the remaining fruit as shown. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe & Image sourced from: https://www.parents.com/recipe/fruity-cottontail/?utm_campaign=pmm_1269&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pin
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.