This recipe seems fitting with the sun shining and the warmer weather on its way. Anytime you serve fruit in a fun and creative way, kids get more excited about healthy eating. This is a simple recipe that you may have ingredients on-hand – and it’s just placing them together in a fun pizza shape. Feel free to use any fruit you may have and get the kids to help with this one at your KES Club this week.
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup kiwi
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup grapes, green
- Using a small cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut circles into tortillas. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together yogurt, honey, vanilla and orange juice until fully blended.
- Slice strawberries; peel kiwi and slice; drain oranges and slice into smaller pieces; slice blackberries and grapes into quarters.
- Spread yogurt mixture onto tortillas and top with fruit.
Recipe & Image sourced from: https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/healthy-fruit-pizza-minis/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.