Many of our KES Clubs love to serve eggs! This recipe allows a ton of eggs to be prepared at the same time. Eggs are a great addition to any KES menu. Eggs are a great source of protein and provide many essential nutrients for our growing kids. Using a muffin tray with this recipe allows you to prepare a ton of egg muffins all at the same time. This recipe is fun and easy and can be prepared in no time at all.
Egg Muffin Cups
- 2 slice – bread, whole wheat
- 8 large – egg
- 1/2 cup – milk
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- 1 cup – spinach
- 4 ounce – cheddar cheese
- 1 cup red peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Distribute 12 foil muffin holders into a muffin baking pan. It is best to use foil papers here.
- Cut the sandwich bread into half inch squares and evenly distribute them on the bottom of the muffin cups
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup that has a pour spout thoroughly whisk together the eggs and milk. Add a few dashes of salt and pepper if desired.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each muffin cup. It’s okay if the bread pieces float to the top. Add a few spinach leaves (you may need to shred a bit)
- Sprinkle an equal amount of both the grated cheese and red peppers into each muffin cup on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Enjoy or freeze (in-between sheets of wax paper) for another day!
Recipe and image sourced from: https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipe/egg-muffins/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart NL.