Our KES Clubs are always looking for an easy way to serve a hot breakfast to their kids each morning. Having a hot breakfast prepared is always a nice way to start the day, especially on these cold winter mornings. This is a great recipe that can be prepared in bulk and served at your KES Club this week. This a great way to serve eggs for breakfast if you school has no allergies.
Blueberry French Toast Muffins
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, any type
- 1 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces whole grain bread, cut into small pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional toppings: maple syrup or yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Add the bread and stir to combine well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon equal portions of the bread mixture into the muffin pan, filling the wells almost all the way to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until muffins are puffed up and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool. Serve muffins plain, or top them with a little bit of maple syrup or yogurt on the side.
Recipe and Image sourced from: https://www.blueberrycouncil.org/blueberry-recipe/blueberry-french-toast-muffins/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.