One of my favorite snacks in the summer time is fruit salsa. It’s so easy to prepare and a fun way to incorporate fruit into snack time. It’s also a great way to get kids to try new fruits they may not have tried before. There are many ways you can make fruit salsa but this recipe is especially delicious as it uses many different tasty fruits. You can try this at your KES Club breakfast to encourage kids to eat more fruit by serving it in a fun a different way.
Fun Fruit Salsa
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Recipe & Image Sourced from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fruit-salsa-with-cinnamon-chips
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.