Kids always love something fun they can grab and something that looks appealing for them to eat. This is an easy recipe which includes lots of berries. Sometimes kids don’t like fruit on it’s own so introducing fruit in fun ways can help kids get excited about eating foods they may not try. We often find kids eat what their friends are eating. It’s amazing to hear from parents that their child tried a new fruit or vegetable at their KES Club for the first time. We encourage all of our KES Clubs to serve fruits and vegetables each day, and we also encourage them to experiment with new fruits!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 8″ whole wheat flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1 cup strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
1. Spread 2 tbsp. of cream cheese evenly over each tortilla.
2. Chop the berries into small pieces and divide them evenly between tortillas.
3. Roll tortillas tightly and slice into six pieces each. Makes three pinwheels per serving.
Recipe & Image sourced from: http://www.cbc.ca/parents/food/view/berry-pinwheels
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.