- 8 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup cooked oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, butter, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg together in a bowl. Stir bread cubes and bananas into egg mixture until coated; add oats to mixture and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
Recipe sourced from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/245145/easy-baked-banana-french-toast/ Image sourced from: http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/04/10/banana-oat-baked-french-toast/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.