0 0 Kids Eat Smart Admin http://www.kidseatsmart.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/KidsEatSmartColour_Logo_340x156-300x138.png Kids Eat Smart Admin2018-01-09 15:39:422018-01-09 15:39:42Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe
Sometimes standing over the stove and doing two pancakes at a time is not a great option for serving breakfast to a large group of kids at your Breakfast Clubs. This recipe is a great option for preparing breakfast in bulk, especially for a large group of people. Serving a warm breakfast on these cold winter mornings is an added treat for kids. Adding fruit and milk to the menu ensures kids are getting a balanced healthy breakfast. Try this recipe at home when entertaining a large group or at your Breakfast Club this week:
Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe
- 1/4 cup – butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup – milk
- 1/2 cup – applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 large – egg
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup – flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon – cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon – salt
- 1/2 medium – banana
- 1/2 cup – strawberries
- 1/2 cup – blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425* F. Cover a 10×15 inch sheet pan in foil. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a microwave safe dish and brush half of it over the foil, coating evenly.
- In a medium bowl, pour the remaining half of the melted butter (2 tablespoons). Also add milk, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add this mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour the pancake batter into the prepared sheet pan and even the batter out. Top with half a banana, cut into thin slices, as well as 1 total cup of berries (we used half strawberry, cut into slices, and half blueberry).
- Bake for 13-14 minutes in the preheated oven, until slightly risen and cooked through.
Serves 4. To serve 6, use a 17 x 11.5 sized sheet pan and make this recipe 1.5 times bigger.
Recipe and image sourced from: https://www.superhealthykids.com/fruit-veggie-sheet-pan-pancakes-recipe/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.