When the weather is nice their is nothing better then a backyard BBQ. Perhaps you have a BBQ planned for tomorrow’s Regatta – try this delicious recipe packed with a ton of healthy veggies and corn right off the grill. This salad also includes Avocado which is packed with heart healthy fats and loaded with fiber. Offer to bring along this simple and healthy salad to your next BBQ:
- 4 Ears of Fresh Corn, shucked
- 1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Avocados, peeled and sliced into edible chunks
- ⅓ Cup of Onion, diced
- ⅛-1/4 Cup of Fresh Lime Juice (I love lime, so I did the ¼ cup)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Set your Grill to Medium High Heat.
- Brush olive oil on all sides of your corn. Place directly onto hot grill.
- Turn corn every few minutes, until fully cooked and kernels browned/charred (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove corn from heat and allow to cool for about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix your tomatoes, onion and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Using knife, slice kernels from corn husks. Mix with your tomato, onion and lime juice mixture. Add your avocados and mix well (avoid overmixing and mushy avocados)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe and image sourced from: http://raisingwhasians.com/grilled-corn-avocado-salad-recipe/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.