I always love to cook over the fire when I’m at the cabin or camping, it just tastes so much better…and its fun! This Cheddar BBQ Chicken foil packet meal sounds delicious; I may give it a try myself this week at the cabin. Cook it over a fire or on your grill this summer, at home or when camping. Give it a try!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (slice them before cooking)
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4-6 Baby Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 c Broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 ear Corn, cut into ½ inch slices
- ⅓ c BBQ sauce
- Other favorites to add (onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, cauliflower)
- Heat grill or if using your campfire, keep fire burning until temperature is quite hot.
- Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil large enough to wrap around the chicken and add-ins.
- Place one thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast on each sheet of foil.
- Add baby potatoes, broccoli, corn, BBQ sauce and anything else you wish to add to each foil packet.
- Place foil packets on grill or in fire and cook 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Open foil packets and sprinkle with cheese letting it melt before serving.
Recipe Adapted from: http://www.homemadeinterest.com/cheddar-bbq-chicken-foil-packet-meal-camping-party/
Janel Genge is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador