Smoothies are a quick and healthy breakfast that many of us drink. However, smoothies don’t always have to be put in a cup. You can change things up by putting smoothies in a bowl and adding additional toppings, like granola, dried berries and seeds. This not only adds additional flavour but more energy, fibre, vitamins, and minerals as well. The possibilities are endless. Here is a kid created smoothie bowl recipe that might get you thinking more about using a spoon, rather than a straw, to sip your healthy breakfast smoothie.
Mango Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup granola
- ¼ cup each of unsweetened coconut, dried cranberries and seeds (such as pumpkin or sunflower)
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- In a blender, combine mango, yogurt, banana, and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with granola, coconut, cranberries and seeds. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
This recipe has been used with permission from Dietitians of Canada. Get easy to understand information on food, healthy eating and disease prevention along with award-winning recipes at www.unlockfood.ca.