Creative snacks are key to providing kids with enough nutrition on these long summer days. This recipe is great for a hot summer day snack. Most times kids are looking for a treat to cool down and these are ingredients you may already have on hand. You will need some time in the kitchen to prep these ahead of time. Try this recipe at home this week.
Frozen Greek Yogurt Bites
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Line a 10″ x 15″ baking sheet with parchment paper, making sure the paper is larger than the sheet pan to create a lip up the edges
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt with vanilla extract and honey
- Spread the yogurt onto the baking sheet to create a smooth, even layer. Use the back of a spoon.
- Add blueberries
- Freeze a minimum of 3-4 hours. Must be frozen solid.
Slice into 9 pieces and enjoy! If it breaks apart – that’s ok!
Recipe adapted from: https://www.withpeanutbutterontop.com/salted-almond-frozen-yogurt-bark-with-berries/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.