Kids are always looking for ways to cool down on these hot summer days. This a fun recipe to get kids excited about a healthy treat. Simple ingredients and a simple recipe. Kids will be sure to gobble these up. It’s important for kids to keep hydrated and nourished when playing in the sun all day long. Try this fun snack this week:
Fruity Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 5 containers (6 oz each) yogurt – choose a variety of flavors
- 6 tablespoons each: raspberries, diced mango, diced pineapple, diced kiwifruit, blueberries
- Place paper baking cup in each of 30 miniature muffin cups. Spoon 2 tablespoons yogurt from each container into baking cups, filling 6 miniature cups from each container.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon fresh fruit on top of each miniature cup of yogurt to match colors: raspberries on the strawberry yogurt, pineapple on the lemon burst yogurt, mango on the French vanilla yogurt, kiwifruit on the Key lime pie yogurt and blueberries on the mountain blueberry yogurt.
- Place muffin pan in freezer about 2 hours or until firm. Remove paper baking cups when ready to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe & Image sourced from: https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/fruity-frozen-yogurt-bites/328eaf82-943d-49c5-8749-5d37c0a927ee
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.