We love any recipe that can be prepared in bulk for large groups of kids at our Kids Eat Smart Breakfast Clubs. We especially like this recipe as it also includes eggs – a great source of protein. We are thankful for our Partner, Eggs Farmers NL for their continued support to our breakfast clubs here in our Province. Be sure to check for egg allergies at your school before considering this recipe.
- 1 medium – bell pepper, green
- 1 medium – bell pepper, red
- 6 ounce – cheddar cheese
- 2 cup – ham, chopped
- 24 ounce – hash browns, frozen
- 6 large – egg
- 2 cup – egg white
- 2 cup – milk
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Dice peppers, grate cheese, and chop ham.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium. Add peppers; cook for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add to prepared baking dish and mix together with the hash browns, ham, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- In mixing bowl whisk eggs and liquid egg whites. Add milk and salt, whisk together.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies and ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes; removing the foil 15 minutes before finishing.
Recipe & Image Sourced from: https://www.superhealthykids.com/breakfast-casserole/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.