Tomorrow is the big day and we want to welcome back all of our students, teachers and KES Club Volunteers! We wish all of the children attending Kids Eat Smart Clubs a very healthy and successful school year. With your KES Club children will be well nourished and prepared for the school day ahead! Start your year off right by ensuring your KES Club is the best it can be! Ensure you’re organized with menu planning, volunteers, fundraising plans, and stocking your KES Club cupboards. Here’s a few tips to get you started:
- Create a menu – ask the kids what items they would like to see on the menu – do a poll to include items that fall within the School Food Guidelines and always remember to offer fresh fruits and vegetables when possible, as well as milk.
- Create a volunteer schedule – don’t forget to ask the kids – kids can be a great help within your KES Clubs!
- Engage your Community – Encourage all members of your community to get involved with your KES Club, through volunteering or financial support. A lot of our KES Clubs thrive on the generous support of their community members!
- Participate in TD Walk to Breakfast – It’s a great way to raise funds and awareness for your KES Club.
- Host a Breakfast Blitz – We encourage all schools to host a breakfast blitz in the Spring of the year. This is a great way to fill you KES bank accounts or stock your cupboards for the rest of the school year.
- Set a fundraising plan – Engage your KES volunteers to plan out fundraising for the year. Set a goal and come up with creative ways to fundraise within your school and community.
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.