Making healthy foods fun and exciting for kids can encourage them to choose healthier options more often. Sometimes children say they don’t like a particular food, but if offered in a different or creative way they may try it and like it! A while back, we shared this fun and delicious recipe with you. Many of our KES Club Coordinators told us how much they loved these – they were easy to make and children love them. In case you missed it the first time around, we are sharing it with you again. Check out this simple idea as a neat snack for your kids to try after school!
- Any flavor of Greek yogurt
- Fit a small zip top plastic bag over a cup.
- Spoon in the yogurt.
- Snip one corner of the bag and pipe onto cookie sheets.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 1 hour or until completely hard and frozen.
- TIP: For easy removal line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrape off using an offset spatula or a regular metal spatula.
- Place in an air tight container.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To make them extra delicious you can top them with strawberry or blueberry!
Recipe retrieved from: http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/frozen-yogurt-buttons/
Janel Genge is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador