These delightful little fruit and granola cups are a great addition to a backyard party or a picnic in the park. These are great for little fingers and serving fruit in fun and creative ways gets kid excited about healthy eating. These cups are a great way to introduce new fruits to kids – have kids help prepare and sprinkle on different selection of fruits they may like!
Fruit and Granola Cups
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed, not quick oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons natural smooth almond butter
- your favorite yogurt (for filling, 2-3 tablespoons per granola cup)
- chopped/sliced fresh fruit (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease 9 muffin cups in your muffin pan. Parchment liners can also be used.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add rolled oats, shredded coconut, ground cinnamon, and salt; mix together.
- Add maple syrup and almond butter to a small pot on low heat. Whisk together until warm and both ingredients are runny and have combined together. You don’t want the mixture to be hot, just warm.
- Add almond butter mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine. Be sure the all of the oats have been coated with the wet mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 9 muffin cups. Using a small piece of parchment paper, press oat mixture into the bottom and up sides of each muffin cup. The mixture does not have to come all the way up the sides of the muffin cups. Be sure that there are no gaps or holes on the bottoms.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crisp.
- Allow granola cups to cool completely in muffin pan.
- Once cooled, carefully remove by using an icing spatula or a butter knife. Do this gently to avoid having the granola cups crumble.
- Fill with your favorite yogurt and top with the fruits you have on hand.
Recipe and Image sourced from: Fruit and Yogurt Granola Cups – Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes (delightfuladventures.com)
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian.