Sometimes it’s a struggle with kids to know what to serve for breakfast. Serving something fun like this breakfast taco can get them excited about a healthy option. Serve this for breakfast on a regular morning with the kids or at a special backyard brunch!
Raspberry-Banana Breakfast Taco
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/2 cup measurements onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese and yogurt. Spread over pancakes; top with banana and raspberries. Fold up
Recipe and image sourced from: Raspberry-Banana Breakfast Tacos Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian.