Another summertime favorite is pinwheels of all kinds. Pinwheels are such a simple concept and loved by kids. They can be a great snack or even a meal time delight. Kids love pinwheels as they are easy for little fingers to grab and go. Try this recipe as a summertime snack or packed for a lunch time treat at camp.
- 2 8″ whole wheat flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp cheese
- 1 cup strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese evenly over each tortilla.
- Chop the berries into small pieces and divide them evenly between tortillas.
- Roll tortillas tightly and slice into six pieces each. Makes three pinwheels per serving.
Recipe & Image sourced from: https://www.cbc.ca/parents/food/view/berry-pinwheels
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.