What could be better then a nice warm egg wrap to start your child’s day! Wraps appear to be a go to item for kids as they can easily grab them on their way to class or enjoy them with friends at their KES Club. Wraps are also a great way to get your extra veggies, as you plan your meals. This is another great recipe featured with the new Canada’s Food Guide.
Good Morning Egg Roll Up
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) diced red bell pepper
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) grated zucchini or carrot
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small whole grain flour tortilla
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) grated light old Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl with a fork, beat together egg, red pepper, zucchini and pepper.
- Spray a small 20 cm (8 inch) nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place on medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan, swirling pan to coat evenly. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until edge is light golden. Using a spatula, lift around edges and flip egg over and cook for another 30 seconds or until set and light golden.
- Slide egg onto flour tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up and enjoy!
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart NL.