Ensuring our KES Clubs serve fruit daily is something we strive for all of our clubs to do. Serving fruit in creative ways can help encourage children to try new fruits. If ever there is a time where you have extra fruit on hand why not try chopping it up for a fruit salad or serving it as fruit wrap. Try this fun recipe at your KES Club this week:
Fun Cosmic Fruit Wrap:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 nectarine, pitted, sliced
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced
- 1 cup granola
- Spread Greek on each tortilla and top with pineapple, strawberries, nectarine, grapes and granola.
- Roll up and cut in half.
Recipe and Image sourced from: http://www.produceforkids.com/meal-planning/cosmic-fruit-wrap
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.