As parents many of us are wondering what to pack for lunches each day. Trying something new and fresh can put excitement in kids regular routines. Including each of the food groups in your lunch time meal is important. By providing milk and whole grain crackers or a whole grain pita with this nutritious salad we can ensure all food groups are checked off the list. Try this healthy and easy recipe in your kids lunches:
- 4 (3 oz.) chicken breasts
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) salad greens
- 3 Tbsp. light balsamic vinaigrette
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ croutons
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Cook chicken on preheated medium-high grill 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden in color and firm to the touch. Set aside to cool.
- Toss salad, dressing, olives, croutoons, cheese, apple and cucumber in large mixing bowl. Top with sliced chicken.
Recipe and Image Sourced from: http://poweryourlunchbox.com/chicken-crunch-salad/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador.