Kids Eat Smart Week is designed to raise awareness of our Kids Eat Smart Clubs, promote good nutrition, physical activity and learning. We encourage all of our KES Clubs to celebrate by hosting a special breakfast, participating in our Province Wide Smoothie Day on Wednesday, Oct 7, 2015 and joining us for the 10th Annual TD Kids Eat Smart Walk to Breakfast on Friday, October 9, 2015. Some KES Clubs choose a special pancake breakfast to serve this week – try this delicious fall festive topping to make it an extra special breakfast for KES Week!
Apple Cinnamon Pancake Topping
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 cup 100% unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and place on medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, boil for 2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Can store refrigerated up to 1 week.
Recipe sourced from: www.breakfastforlearning.ca
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador.