Last year we had 6000 dedicated volunteers running our Kids Eat Smart Clubs throughout the Province each and every day! Without these volunteers our clubs could not and would not run.
As the school year has just begun – volunteer recruiting is likely on the agenda for many of our KES Clubs!
Here are some tips for recruiting volunteers at your KES Club:
- Seeking parental support at curriculum night/parent teacher night (connect with your local KES Regional Coordinator for brochures!)
- Seeking support in school newsletters, websites and social media outlets
- Seeking support from community groups (Lions club, Church groups)
- Seeking support from businesses in the community
- Seeking kids in the schools to assist with breakfast service helps build confidence and work ethic among the student population
- Seeking support from grandparents in the community
If you are interested in volunteering with a KES Club in your area please connect directly with the school principal to volunteer.
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador.