With soccer games, trips to the park and beautiful summer days spent outside most families don’t want to spend time inside making supper. For many of us we want something quick and easy at the end of the day. Quick and easy doesn’t always have to mean unhealthy! Check out this nutritious recipe as a side to salmon or chicken grilled quickly from the BBQ. Your family will love it and it’s a great way to get your kids to eat some extra veggies!
Easy Stuffed Potatoes
- Medium Potato
- Salt and pepper
- Steamed broccoli, carrots & green beans (you can usually get a veggie mix in the produce department that is ready made for steaming)
- Prick medium russet or sweet potatoes with a fork and microwave on high power for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Split the potatoes and scoop out some of the flesh.
- Add your salt, pepper and tsp of margarine to the scooped out potato flesh, and spoon back into the potato shells.
- Try topping baked potatoes with steamed broccoli, carrots and green beans mix.
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with the Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.