Try this fresh summer salsa as a mid-afternoon treat! Have the items chopped and ready to go and kids can help mix the salsa together. You can play around with jalapeno and garlic amounts and some kids may be sensitive to these flavours.
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
- Combine all of the above ingredients.
- Serve with low-fat baked tortilla (corn) chips, or fresh veggies, cut up.
Recipe and Image sourced from: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/834087/healthy-snack-recipes-for-kids
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with the Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.