Have your kids join in on making this delicious treat for an afternoon snack! This fun and nutritious treat is a well-balanced snack as it provides 3 of the 4 food groups from Canada’s Food Guide – fruit, milk and alternative & meat and alternative! Ensuring all of your meals include a variety of foods from Canada’s Food Guide allows you and your family to achieve the daily recommended servings.
Banana Crunch Popsicle
- Bananas, cut in half
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped (or any other nut you enjoy! Ensuring no allergies)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek vanilla yogurt
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix pistachios (or any other nut) and coconut in shallow bowl.
- Insert popsicle stick into each half of banana, roll in Greek yogurt then in pistachio/coconut mixture.
- Place coated bananas on baking sheet. Freeze for two hours or until firm.
Recipe & Image sourced from: www.produceforkids.com
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador.