Summer can be a busy time for most families! Making breakfast quick, easy and delicious can be a hard task to keep up all year round. Make these delicious French toast sticks ahead of time to enjoy on those busy summer mornings.
Freezable French Toast Sticks
What you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 loaf of bread
- Blend all ingredients together and pour into a pie plate or other shallow dish.
- Dip bread into batter and cook until golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place dipped bread onto a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden, flipping pieces half way through baking time.
- Once your sticks have cooled, you can stick the entire cooling rack in the freezer, or if you baked them, put them back on the pan you baked them on. Just make sure they aren’t touching! This is called flash freezing. Once they are mostly frozen, put them in a freezer safe container.
Recipe sourced from: http://www.superhealthykids.com/freezable-french-toast-sticks
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.