Serve up this healthy instant frozen yogurt treat at your KES club this week! It’s quick and easy and a good way to use up any frozen fruit you may have on hand. It’s easy to swap out yogurt and fruit to satisfy personal preferences. Just swap the strawberries and bananas with 4 cups of your favorite frozen fruits! Use what’s in season and enjoy some fresh, soft serve frozen yogurt!
Healthy Instant Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cup – strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 3 medium – banana
- 3 tablespoon – honey
- 1/2 cup – Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon – lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve texture, or pour into a freezer safe container with a lid and freeze for 3 to 4 hours before serving
Information and images sourced from: http://www.superhealthykids.com/healthy-instant-strawberry-banana-frozen-yogurt/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.