We are so very proud to thank our 6000 volunteers around the province that run our 240 Kids Eat Smart Clubs each and every day! Without these volunteers our clubs could not and would not run.
Although we are thankful for these volunteers there are still some KES Clubs that struggle with volunteers on a daily basis.
Here are some tips for recruiting volunteers at your KES Club:
- Seeking parental support at curriculum night/parent teacher night
- Seeking support from community groups (Lions club, Church groups)
- Seeking support from businesses in the community
- Seeking kids in the schools to assist with breakfast service helps build confidence and work ethic among the student population
- Seeking support from grandparents in the community
(Picture attached is of Two Nannies and their grandchildren! Teresa Moret with Jenna & Joey and Gail Warford with Tanner, they both help serve breakfast at St. John Bosco two days a week.)
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.