During busy school days and work weeks it is important to be prepared for snacking on the run. Having easy items to grab and go during the day is always important.
Prepare these items during meal prep on Sunday to ensure healthy items are available and easy to grab on your way out the door in the morning.
- Washed and pre-cut fruits and veggies
- Bags of homemade trail mix
- Whole grain crackers and cheese
- Homemade whole grain fruit muffins
- Whole wheat pita with hummus
Having items prepared makes healthy snack options an easier choice throughout the day!
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with the Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.