Giving kids choices helps encourage them to both participate in making their breakfast and to get them excited about healthy eating! Different colors in our fruits and veggies provide different nutrients. So, why not give kids the opportunity to eat a variety of colors of fruits and veggies, all for breakfast! This is a great recipe for those road trips, and hockey tournaments during your Easter break.
Rainbow Oatmeal Bar
What you’ll need:
- 2 ½ cups of quick oats
- Any fruit you have on hand
- Cook 1 large batch of oatmeal in the microwave – stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes
- Dice up fruit add to muffin tin
- Add granola to muffin tin
- Add spoons to muffin tin
- Have kids scoop up oatmeal and add items they like!
Information and image sourced from: http://www.superhealthykids.com/rainbow-oatmeal-bar/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation.