A quick and easy recipe that adds lots of fibre to your breakfast or snack. Baking fresh or re-heating in the microwave gives you a nice warm way to start your day! Add a tall glass of milk and fruit cup on the side to enjoy a well balanced breakfast. Your kids will love them!
- Whole Wheat Flour 1 cup
- Rolled oats 1/2 cup
- Wheat Bran 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg 1
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil 1/4 cup
- Bananas 3
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel bananas and mash in medium sized bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, egg and sugar and mix well. Blend in oatmeal and bran.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into banana mixture and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins filling the tins 3/4 full.
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.