Today is a day we all get to enjoy breakfast for supper. It’s always important to include all of your Food Groups so why not add veggies to your pancakes. Serve with some yogurt, berries, and scrambled eggs and you’ll have a well balanced meal. Check out this unique pancake recipe with your kids tonight!
- 1 cup chopped (1/2″ pieces) – cauliflower, raw
- 1/2 cup – water
- 1/2 cup – coconut milk
- 1 large – egg
- 1 cup – flour, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon – sugar
- 2 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1/4 tsp – salt
- 1/4 cup – water
- Steam or cook 1 cup of cauliflower
- Add cauliflower and 1/2 cup to a food processor and blend until smooth.
For the pancakes, combine
- Cauliflower puree, coconut milk, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until all incorporated. Add 1/4 cup water to thin out pancake consistency.
- Drop by 1/8-1/4 cup amounts onto a hot skillet and cook one side until edges and bottom begins to brown. Flip pancake and cook until cooked all the way through.Recipe and image sourced from: http://www.superhealthykids.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pancakes-with-cauliflower.jpg
Kristin Hedges is a Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation