Making healthy foods fun and exciting for kids can encourage them to choose healthier options more often. Sometimes children say they don’t like a particular food, but if offered in a different or creative way they will often try it and like it! Check out this simple idea as a neat snack for your kids to try after school!
- Any flavor of nonfat Greek yogurt
- Fit a small zip top plastic bag over a cup.
- Spoon in the yogurt.
- Snip one corner of the bag and pipe onto cookie sheets.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 1 hour or until completely hard and frozen.
- TIP: For easy removal line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrape off using an off set spatula or a regular metal spatula.
- Place in an air tight container.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Kristin Harris is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador