The second official week of the school year is on its way and for the most part things are starting to get back to normal. This week, most KES Club Coordinators are getting ready for their first official breakfast of the school year, if they haven’t already done so.
When starting your Club for the first time after the summer holidays, it usually calls for a much larger shopping list than normal….we hope you don’t forget anything! To make things a little easier, in addition to the basic items on your menu you may also want to add the following to your list, as they are sometimes easily missed:
- Margarine and other spreads used for toast and bagels
- Dish detergent
- Disposable plates and cutlery (if used at your Club)
- Plastic wrap
- Paper bags (if used for grab-and-go breakfast)
- Portion cups or muffin liners for your fruit
- Garbage bags
- Disposable gloves and hairnets
We look forward to visiting your KES Club again this year. We hope that the 2014-2015 school year will be your Club’s most exciting one yet!
Janel Genge is a registered dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador