Try making this tasty ready-to-serve breakfast treat! Overnight oatmeal is a great way to add some fiber, protein and calcium to your breakfast. Whether you make this for yourself, your children or the students at your Kids Eat Smart Club, it’s bound to be a hit!
Add some extra flavor and sweetness to your oatmeal by adding your favorite fruits and berries! Check out the recipe below:
– 1 container Greek yogurt, any flavor
– 1/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
– 1 teaspoon chia seed (optional)
– desired amount of stir-ins such as berries, fruits, almonds, etc.
– In container with tight-fitting cover, mix yogurt, oats and chia seed (optional). Add the desired stir-ins
– Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 3 days before eating
Janel Genge is a registered dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador