Just in case anyone else is in the same boat, I’ll share one of my favourite quick weeknight fixes for my family – it is easy to prepare and gets even easier when you enlist the kids to help tear, chop and toss!
Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- fat free ranch dressing
- baked corn tortilla chips
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and chili powder
- Broil 2 minutes or until done
- Cool and cut into strips.
- In a bowl, toss lettuce with chicken, cucumber and cheese.
- To serve, top with salsa, tomato, green onions, dressing and crushed tortilla chips.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories 105.0; Total Fat 2.2g; Saturated Fat 1.0g; Cholesterol 26.7m; Sodium 415.6mg; Total Carbohydrate 6.9g; Dietary Fibre 1.8g; Sugars 3.0g; Protein 15.1g
Recipe from Food.com