Nothing says summer more then a fresh and fruit salad. Sometimes whole fruits are less likely to be eaten by younger children, while older students and youth prefer to grab a whole banana or an apple. To encourage all students to enjoy fruits at their KES Clubs, try making a simple fruit salad. It’s great for all ages. It’s different, colorful and of course delicious. Fruit salad can be used as a side to another breakfast item, add to cereal, make into a yogurt parfait or just simply eat by itself. Take some time and try serving a delicious fruit salad at your KES Club. Try this simple fruit salad at your KES Club this week.
Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 lb strawberries
- 6 oz blueberries
- 6oz raspberries
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and wedges cut in half
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups grapes
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, orange juice, and lemon zest. Add fruit to a large bowl and pour over dressing, tossing gently to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe and Image sourced from: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a19609963/easy-fruit-salad-recipe/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.