Well it’s that time of year again…..cleaning out the fridge & cupboards at your Breakfast Clubs! Be sure to discard or donate any leftover food you may have in your KES Club. Some items may have shelf life to hold over the summer months but be sure they are properly sealed and stored.
Here are some suggestions for closing up your KES Club for the summer:
- Cleaning out cupboards and pantries (check expiry dates, wipe out cupboards, ensure foods are properly stored if expiry date brings you to Sept 2018).
- Cleaning out fridges and freezers (check expiry dates, wipe out fridges and freezers, ensure foods are properly stored if expiry date brings you to Sept 2018).
- Clean out toasters, blenders and other KES equipment to ensure they are properly cleaned before storing for the summer.
- Any leftover food that cannot be saved donate or discard.
- Thanks to all of our dedicated KES Club Volunteers and enjoy your Summer Vacation – See you in September!
Kristin Hedges is a registered dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador